In this statement Design Print Media Australia (A.C.N. 94 736 281 483) and DPMA will be referred to as DPMA.
DPMA provides clothing, print, promotional and miscellaneous items and services. In providing these products and services to you, we collect, store and handle information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1988.
DPMA is committed to ensuring an individual’s right to keep their personal information private and we strive to ensure privacy, accuracy and security of your personal and financial information. Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
DPMA collects your personal information when we provide products or services to you. We may also acquire lists from other sources, both from other companies and from other public documents. The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
- Personal information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us. This information may include your opinion/preferences about specific products and services, your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and credit card details.
- Communications between you and DPMA; and
- Transactional information when you purchase products from us or use one of our services.
Use of Information
The personal information that we collect is generally used to promote or provide goods or services to you that include, amongst other things:
- providing regular newsletters advising special offers, product communications and benefits
- planning, developing and researching
- product and service offerings
- processing your orders
- confirming your identity when you contact us
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have any purpose for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
Use by Third Parties
DPMA may disclose the personal information we collect from you to the following parties:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to our service providers and contractors as well as others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example mailing houses, printers, agencies); or
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
Collection of information other than personal information
If you visit our website, some of the information we and/or our contractors collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include:
- Site Visit Information – When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used. We and/or our contactors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
- Cookies – A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we and/or our contractors use may identify individual users. Cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. We and/or our contractors may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to our and our contractors’ websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed. Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of your website.
- Access and correction of your personal information – You may request access to the personal information that we and/or our contractors hold about you, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us via email@example.com and we will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
If you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information please contact us at:
Ph: +61 7 3205 2525
DPMA July 2019